Thursday 10 April 2014

The 411 on laser lipo


So last month, through the use of one of our great discount sites, I bought and did a course of five laser lipo sessions. Now I’d like to share my experience and give you the 411 on laser lipo.

So from what I understand there are two different types of laser lipo. The one that I did used several small panels that were about 7 or 8cms long and 5 or 6cm wide. These panels are then put onto the part of body that you want to target. If you’re worried that it hurts, don’t worry it doesn’t. These panels just feel warm and if it’s a bit chilly out, they’re actually rather nice. These panels use lasers and what they do is they basically break down the fat molecules in the area you are targeting. The fat is broken down to the point where it can filter through the cell walls.  This means that the fat can actually be used up by the body.

Now this is where the two types are different. The laser I did only used this step. After which it was up to me to do at least 30 minutes of cardio to burn off the fat, otherwise it would just be reabsorbed. The other kind of laser lipo uses a second laser process to help the body flash out the fat. A radiofrequency accelerator is used to help speed up the lymphatic drainage of the fat (basically another kind of laser is used to help the fat drain out through the system your body uses to flush waste out). This means that you don’t need to do as much work to help the fat get used up.  This is a bit more expensive because most salons will generally change you separately for these two steps and the second one is the more pricy of the two.

If you’re planning on the one step process and you thought it would be a quick fix to shift stubborn fat, that’s not the case I’m afraid. You still have to put in the same amount of cardio work that you are supposed to do to lose weight normally. The only advantage is that you can actually target you fat lose. I targeted my thighs, and I am very happy to say that I did actually lose 1 cm from each thigh. Now personally if I was paying the full two odd thousand rand that laser lipo would normally cost I wouldn’t be satisfied with just 1 cm.

I went to a salon called Rayshine in Parktown North and I must admit they were really friendly and professional and the whole salon smells like cocobutter which just made me feel warm and fuzzy. But the one thing that did make me just shake my head in disbelief was when, on my last session, the one beautician took my measurements and told me that I had lost 4 cm off of my right thigh. Seriously? If I had lose 4 cm off of one leg and not the other you wouldn’t need a measuring type to see it. That and my jeans would be hanging off my one leg and snug on the other. But to be fair, she just took the measurement from lower down my thigh than she was supposed to.

So if you are willing to pay the money for laser lipo and you can put in the time to do your cardio it will work but the amount you will lose may not be worth what you will pay. So if you are going to try it out, check out Groupon and Wicount. They both still have different deals for varying session amounts.


So good luck and I’d love to know about your laser lipo experiences. 

These images have not been edited (except to make my unfortunately see through underwear less see through)



No comments:

Post a Comment