Friday 27 June 2014

Your cat could teach you a thing or two about your physical and emotional well-being

I’d like you all meet someone very dear to me, his name is Dali (after Salvador Dali), he’s about five months old and he’s my little darling


Yes, Dali is my kitten who I love madly. Dali is everything a kitten should be; he’s playful, inquisitive, energetic, he only wants and gives love on his terms and you know what, he’s perfect.
But, Dali is more than MY PET, he’s a creature that has taught me a few things. Sounds nuts right?
Well, not really, let me explain.


Imagine what your life would be like if you were constantly curious, playful and energetic? See this is what my little bundle of fluff (or my bug as I nicknamed him) taught me:

Be curious: You never stop learning! The world is a massive place and when you stop appreciating that fact and stop learning and you stop growing.

Give affection on my terms: So often people will accept and give their affections just because they don’t want to be alone or they don’t think they can do any better. What happened to giving your affection because it’s what you genuinely want? My little fluffy reminds me that when it comes to love and my affections it must be on my terms, something my significant other has always understood.

If something interest me, I must pounce: Just like when Dali stalks something, it may disappear before he actually jumps and then it’s gone (normally because it’s a ribbon and I’m holding it) but this applies to life too. If you wait too long to grab onto the things that interest you they may disappear before you can catch them. So pounce, pounce today and hold on for as long as it has your interest. Whether it’s a new hobby, new job, new love interest, new adventure, seize the opportunity before it’s gone.

Remember play is important: We’re all so serious about meeting deadlines and making money that we forget how important play is. When we let our hair down and “play” we learn more about who we really are and that’s when we grow. Just like a kitten practicing its hunting skills through play, we must also learn through play. This is what pole is for me, it’s my space to play, explore and grow.

Listen to me body: We’re so cruel to our bodies these days. We feed them crap and then we starve them. We push them past the point of exhaustion and we hate on them. If we simply listened to our bodies, eat when we’re hungry, sleep when we’re tiered and be active when we have energy, then we’d be much happier and healthier.

How many times have you said, “I wish I could have my pet’s life” or heard someone else say it. Well you can’t have their life, but you can learn something from them.


What have your animals taught you?


No comments:

Post a Comment